Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Reason for my Hope

The Reason for my Hope

I went out to tell the world
To give the reason for my hope
To shine the Light Jesus
I thought that I could cope

I was with a thankful heart.
The Spirit whispered: "Just be ready."
Keep your faith in Christ and Him crucified.
In Christ, I knew my faith is steady.

I was about to put the whole armor
Wanted to plant another seed
Sadly, my mind was not protected
I forgot the helmet that I need

Then the question followed
I was asked the reason...not ready to defend
Grieved the Holy Spirit..cried..
WHY did I have to pretend?

"Why are you always joyful?"
"Because of Jesus" - I did not say
Losing the chance to witness
For our sins He did pay

I relied on my self for a minute
Forgot that on my own I am weak
Nothing I can do
Unless His strength I ALWAYS seek

Father, today You taught me
My hope resting fully upon the grace
of the salvation in the Lamb
the revelation of Jesus Christ
By the power of Your might
With Your strength, I go on in this fight

~ Viki
February 09, 2007, KS

~1 Peter 3:15, 1:13~ Ephesians 6:11-18~

~John 15:5~

No comments: