Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Friend to Stranger

Friend to Stranger
For we cannot but speak
the things which we have seen and heard.
Acts 4:20
~~~ 2 Timothy 3:1-5 ~~~

There are multitudes
Standing in the pew.
But these who follow Jesus
Are precious very few.

Lord, so few souls
For You they long.
So many are ashamed
To praise You with a song.

He inspired me before,
He used to be a brother.
Now his words, they
The Holy Fire smother.

She wore: “faith”
I thought she is a sister.
But only pride and religion-
I saw a spirit sinister.

Do I talk God’s love too much,
More than show?
Should I be normal,
Better take it slow?

That they love Jesus-
I had a daydream.
I just cannot stop
This Living Water stream!

They have no love for Jesus.
“Talk about something else.”
The Lord’s “too much” for
They enjoy their worldly fest.

What I’ve seen and heard
I cannot but speak.
To make the devil mad,
To silence the religious shriek.

Still to prayer
I need myself to devote.
So souls from Jesus
Would not be remote.

I’m so hurt
Expecting always danger
That another friend
Would turn to be a stranger.

~ Viki
August 13, 2007

~Matthew 7:14, Psalm 42:1, Psalm 28:7~
~Psalm 40:1-4, Psalm 69:30, Psalm 34:1-4~
~2 Corinthians 11:26, Jeremiah 20:9, Luke 9:23-24~
~Romans 10:3, James 4:5-10, Matthew 10:27~
~Mark 16:15, John 7:37-39, Revelation 2:4~
~1 John 2:15-16, Luke 18:1, 2 Timothy 3:1-5~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this poem is so real and close to my heart as i read it tears swole up in my eyes viki so many times i think this is what happens to us without even relizeing it!


love lora